As I’ve written about before, I’m really into bullet journaling these days. One of my favorite things to do is to collect quotes and try to add them to my journal. But rather than just writing them down, I’m taking on the task of using them for my 100 Days of Hand Lettering Challenge. I want to use them as practice for my hand lettering. It gives me great joy to see these beautiful words made into a visual representation of the idea behind them.
I won’t pretend I’m any good at it yet, but I love trying!
I’ve got several books on order from Amazon to help me get better at making things pretty. Here’s a list of some of my most anticipated ones:
I’ve had this in my basket for ages trying to figure out if I wanted to actually buy it or not. Reading the reviews from other people I admire in the hand lettering world, I’ve decided to go for it.
I literally can’t wait!
This is the number one book I’ve seen mentioned by other creatives, and as far as I’m concerned, if they got their skills from a book, so can I!
This one is another book that has great reviews from those I admire and aspire to be like. It was even mentioned by a local friend who does glass etchings so beautifully. She said that she learned some new ways to etch by using this particular book. Who am I to argue?
This one is perhaps the one I’m most excited to own. Not only does it give you the basic education on hand lettering, but it helps you to understand colors, fonts, and how to pair differing fonts together to create amazingly beautiful word art. This is something I am SEVERELY lacking in. So you can understand my excitement!
So there you go. I’m so excited to keep learning and making beautiful things. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to see my progress.
So now, here are some amazing quotes that may inspire you as they have inspired me. Feel free to share any more in the comments.
50+ Positive and Uplifting Quotes
- Imperfection is a form of freedom.
- Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
- Positive mind. Positive vibes. Positive life.
- Do small things with great love.
- Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
- Dream big. Start small. Act now.
- Be stubborn about your goals. Be flexible about your methods.
- There will be haters & doubters, and there will be you, proving them wrong.
- Don’t let someone who gave up on her dreams talk you out of yours.
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.
- Be the light you want to see in the world.
- If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room.
- Work hard & stay humble.
- The creative adult is the child who survived.
- Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
- It’s not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life.
- Honor your pace.
- Mistakes are the greatest teachers.
- We cannot control the wind, but we can direct the sail.
- Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
- Life is short. Let’s do this.
- Creative minds are rarely tidy.
- What we think, we become.
- Happiness is found when we stop comparing ourselves to other people.
- Stay patient, and trust your journey.
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
- Change your thoughts and you change your world.
- We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- It always seems impossible until its done.
- In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
- Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
- Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
- Life is a song – sing it. Life is a game – play it. Life is a challenge – meet it. Life is a dream – realize it. Life is a sacrifice – offer it. Life is love – enjoy it.
- The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
I hope these quotes will inspire you. I know they have given me loads of ideas for beautiful word art. What’s your favorite?